Volunteering gives us the better opportunity to give back to our communities. You do not only learn but you are able to show love and care to the disadvantaged through your work.
Volunteer with us today, and have a better chance of giving back to your community.
Communication Officer Volunteer!
Location: Limbe, Cameroon.
- The key purpose of this position is to assist and support the organisation’s program communication needs.
- Implement the organisation’s communication and advocacy strategy in consultation with the Project Coordinator and other volunteers.
- Assist in the production of capacity building communication materials e.g. toolkits, publications, documentary, etc.
- Support the design, implementation and monitoring of project communication strategy.
- Design and implement media campaigns for Project activities through all organisation’s social media handles and other Platforms, Radio TV e.t.c.
- Co-ordinates the production of internal and external communications, assists in the sub-editing and proof reading of communications products including but not limited to success stories, photographs, video and social media.
- Develop and build effective relations with Patners, Funders, donors, other local organisations and media personnel.
- Prepare various written reports, drafts section of studies, e-briefings and case studies.
- Drafts press briefings and press releases.
- In accordance with program team, prepares Project news letters, brochures and other publicity materials.
- Supports program team in development and printing of training material and training guide.
- Have a Degree or HND in Communication, Journalism, Public, Relations, Gender Studies, Social science or a closely related discipline.
- First Vulenteer experience as media or communication officer. Experience of working with donor funded projects will have an added advantage.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in communication research, planning and strategy, and the role of mass media.
- Knowledge of how to present information to different audiences, including media.
- Proven writing, editing, design, videography, or photography skills.
- Demonstrated skill in program communication, development of information and Communication material.
- Ability to produce analytical and well-presented reports and publications.
- A proven ability to effectively manage relationships with media representatives, government officials, community groups and consortium partners.
- Skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Desktop Publisher and other graphics software is required.
Interested Individuals should apply by sending their CVs and motivation letter through the link below or send us an email with Attachements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Us Now!
Our work depends a lot on the support and commitment of our volunteers. If you will like to volunteer your time, experience and expertise, kindly fill out the form below.